The Democratic Party of Arkansas is looking to hire a Data Director/Voter File Manager to manage the day-to-day data needs of the DPA, county party organizations, state and federal campaigns, and activists. Position is full time and based out of Little Rock, Arkansas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Day-to-day management of users and committees in VoteBuilder;
• Developing and implementing a training program for VoteBuilder statewide in conjunction with the Field Department, including a regular webinar schedule;
• Maintaining all DPA data assets;
• Creating and maintaining survey questions, activist codes and other VoteBuilder infrastructure;
• Creating all shared searches and targets;
• Maintaining the DPA My Campaign database;
• Providing timely and relevant analysis of data and fielding requests for specialized research projects, in many cases requiring rapid turnaround;
• Tracking and disseminating analysis of voter contact results, early vote and absentee turnout, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns and caucuses;
• Overseeing data collection, standardization and processing;
• At least two cycles of prior campaign experience preferred.
• Demonstrated data analysis and writing skills, preferably in a political environment.
• Ability to plan and manage time sensitive projects with competing needs.
• Working knowledge of statistical models, precinct targeting, etc. a plus.
• Knowledge and familiarity with VAN, preferably in an administrative role
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel including formulas, functions, and pivot tables.
• Intermediate knowledge of Access (or other SQL database) including creating queries and manipulating large data sets strongly preferred
• Familiarity with GIS preferred but not required.
• Experience standardizing data from multiple sources to produce complex reports.
• Strong attention to detail, including accuracy of data entry.
• Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
• Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting.
HOW TO APPLY:
This position is available immediately and will remain open until filled. Competitive salary, plus healthcare. Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references electronically to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy: The DPA prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DPA, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DPA employee. The DPA is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
DPA’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DPA, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DPA employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the DPA.
The DPA is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that makeup our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DPA, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Democratic Party of Arkansas
The Democratic Party of Arkansas is the affiliate of the Democratic Party in the state of Arkansas. It is responsible for promoting the ideologies and core values of the national Democratic Party in Arkansas.