Position: Regional Data Associate
Reports To: Data and Reporting Director
About the DCCC: The DCCC is the official national Democratic campaign committee charged with electing Democrats to the U. S. House of Representatives. The DCCC recruits Democratic candidates and supports Democratic campaigns – both challengers and Democratic incumbent Members – with a variety of services including field operations, fundraising support, communications assistance, research support and management consulting. In addition, the DCCC’s Independent Expenditure supports these campaigns with television, radio and other voter contact efforts. The DCCC is supported by the contributions of individuals and organizations, along with Democratic Members, from throughout the country. We look for talented and hard-working campaign professionals who are committed to electing more Democrats and taking back the House majority.
Position Summary: The DCCC is seeking multiple Regional Data Associates for the 2018 election cycle. These positions will be available spring of 2018 and run through November 2018 and will be based in various states across the country.
Regional Data Associates will work with the Field and Targeting teams to provide VAN or PDI administrative support, ensure data best practices are being followed, provide reports to field teams, and assist synching campaign data with DCCC vendors for multiple Congressional Campaigns.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 1-2 cycles of campaign experience is required
- Knowledge of how political campaigns’ field teams typically operate and what metrics they typically track.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Good time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Prior experience with either VAN (Votebuilder) or PDI is required. Experience should include knowledge of basic administrative tasks including: creating users, creating targets, bulk uploads, exports, and creating survey questions and activist codes. Additional experience VAN or PDI experience with user profile creation and creating custom turf is also desirable but not required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel including formulas and pivot tables.
- Experience explaining technical information to non-technical people in either a helpdesk, teaching, or previous work environment.
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy: The DCCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee. The DCCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
DCCC’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the DCCC.
The DCCC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that makeup our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DCCC, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.
About Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is the Democratic Hill committee for the United States House of Representatives, working to elect Democrats to that body.