Looking to bring your data and analytics skills to public opinion and politics? Love exploring large datasets for interesting insights? GSG is looking to build out our Data Science concentration to work with our team to help develop new products and methodologies. This position will integrate analytics capabilities into GSG’s research services in our new Analytics department within the Research Practice. GSG works directly with Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, and influential associations on important issues facing the country. Working alongside a highly accomplished team in a fast-paced environment, the Senior Associate of Data Science will handle multiple projects at any given time for different internal project groups, as well as external clients.
• Collaborate with colleagues to manage and complete each stage of analytics projects, including developing proposals, executing analytics projects, and developing client deliverables
• Oversee and coordinate analytics projects by actively keeping track of project details, organizing tasks, managing the administrative side of projects, and maintaining the team’s adherence to timelines without prompting
• Conceptualize and produce analyses – both written analyses and visual PowerPoint presentations
• Create visualizations and presentations to support client projects, including explaining methodology and findings to non-analytics consumers
• Conceptualize research designs and methodological approaches for new business proposals and presentations, with senior staff oversight, including written proposals and visual PowerPoint pitches
• Clean and combine data to create datasets, such as modeling basefiles, using SQL, R, or Python
• Write scripts to build predictive models, design experiments, and analyze public and proprietary data
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines alongside other members of the research, data, and analytics teams
• Build strong client relationships to successfully manage day-to-day needs and expectations
• Demonstrate professionalism, maturity, and good judgment, contributing to a positive work environment for colleagues and clients
• Additional responsibilities supporting the innovation team and data team, as needed, including building new methodologies, building tools, writing scripts to automate processes, and collecting sampling information
• 3+ years of experience designing and managing data and analytics projects for academic, political, public affairs, or corporate/market research clients
• Strong understanding and experience in politics
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, with a proven ability to simultaneously juggle multiple projects, successfully
• Excellent communication, data visualization, and writing skills
• Ability to work efficiently and quickly produce high-quality work product
• Self-driven, organized, and extremely detail oriented – taking pride in producing accurate high-quality work
• Experience analyzing and manipulating large individual-level datasets in remote relationship databases, such as voter files and consumer databases
• Experience with descriptive and predictive statistical work, including modeling, regressions, etc.
• Experience with experimental design, A/B testing, etc. a plus
• Team player with the ability to maintain strong working relationships
About Global Strategy Group
Global Strategy Group is an American public relations and research firm; specializing in research, strategic communications, digital strategy, grassroots and grasstops organizing, marketing and branding.