Job description here
The IT Associate provides a range of IT support to all staff, and assists the IT Manager in the development and oversight of technology infrastructure and systems.
• Set-up new workstations (configure operating systems, application and antivirus software, and connect to appropriate network drives, printers and copiers)
• Assist IT Manager with installation, upgrades and troubleshooting of other computer hardware and software as requested
• Research and evaluate hardware and software solutions
• Provide support and training to users and troubleshoot their hardware and software problems
• Assist IT Manager with maintenance of workstations, laptops, servers, printers, smartphones, and other office equipment with IT components
• Track and maintain accurate inventory of all technology equipment
• Research new software and hardware under consideration adoption
• Understand and be able to convey the concepts and best practices of digital security tools and digital risk assessment, and monitor developments in the field
• Set-up Skype/other computer-based systems of communication for meetings as necessary
• Participate in departmental and organizational planning and projects, and organization-wide committees, and carry out work assigned
• Other related work as assigned by Director of Operations
• Minimum of two (2) years of related experience
• A belief in the mission of the Center for Constitutional Rights, demonstrated commitment to social justice issues, and comfort working in a progressive legal environment
• Familiarity with server & desktop equipment/software and end user support in a medium-sized networked environment
• Basic knowledge of networking in a PC/Windows environment, server and workstation operating software, Exchange and Microsoft Office and other application software;
• Experience with software for encryption, secure SMS, VPNs, password management, and other digital security applications
• Strong organizational and time management skills, proven ability to plan and meet deadlines, efficiently manage multiple tasks and priorities under tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and grace under pressure
• Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to anticipate problems and use judgement appropriately to plan solutions
• Excellent interpersonal and research skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as member of a team
• Integrity and sense of humor
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience and subject to union collective bargaining agreement. The current salary range for this position is $57,531 to $74,515.
Benefits include employer contribution to 401K plan and flexible spending account, vacation, sick leave and holidays, and 100% organization-paid health benefits, including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter with resume to ITassociatesearch@ccrjustice.org with “IT Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and strong consideration will be given to early applicants. No phone calls please.
CCR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, LGBTQI AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE.